My blogging friend, Jodi Ambrose, has selected me to receive another award.
The Inspiring Blogger Award.
I could not be more thrilled! It’s exciting to win stuff!!
If you get a chance, check out Jodi’s blog (click here). She is so sassy, and fun, and REAL, and I think you’ll really get a kick out of her as she writes about Buzz Muff, or the way in which she confused her mother’s douche bag in the shower for a toy (as a child). I adore her.
The way a blogger accepts such an award is as follows:
1) give a shout out to the person who nominated you – see above, Jodi’s blog is awesome
2) tell your readers something about yourself – I’ll tell you 7 random things about me/my life below
3) nominate someone else for the award – it’s the award that just keeps giving (make sure you notify the person of their nomination)
7 Random Things About Me/My Life:
1) I recently got engaged, so my OCD has kicked into super over-drive.
2) With the engagement comes an eventual move and starting a new job – please note: selling my house makes me wanna cry and job searching is blah (whatever happened to the day of just submitting a resume or an application? Now you have to spend hours filling out online profiles, applications that want all the same info as your resume AND the resume has to be attached anyway?? Talk about over-kill).
3) Before my house can be sold, I have to get through my “to do” list (I blogged about this awhile back, I don’t remember what post or I’d direct you there…Maybe the one titled “Therapy House”)
4) I am a Mental Health Professional. This means no two days at the job are the same for me, and I love it!
5) My parents are still married. 30 years. I applaud them as so many marriages these days don’t go the distance.
6) My brother and I do movie lines. Through random text messages, when we are together…and we think we are hilarious. “This coke’s gone bad”, what movie is it from?? I’d love to hear who knows!
7) I like to sing and burst out at random times cuttin’ a rug. This is not to read that I am a good singer. What I mean is that instead of talking to people, sometimes I like to sing whatever I have to say at them. And the dancing, there’s no explanation other than to say that I think I got it from my dad because he feels the urge at random times also.
As for my nomination, I would like to nominate my super talented aunt, Lisa for the Inspiring Blogger Award. Check out her blog ‘A Piece of Lisa’ by clicking here.
In the future I intend to do an entire blog post about her and her work, but she deserves this award more than anyone I know.
She and I have become very close over the years and she is one of my favorite people. Add to that, she really does inspire me. I feel the need to tap into my creative side from time to time because of her. I cherish all the items in my Christmas collection that she has made. I know the struggles she has been through, and overcome. She truly is an inspiration. So, Congrats Lisa Jane!
Thank you, again, Jodi for the lovely award.
Love you all for following, commenting, liking, etc. my blog. Remember that I’m having a giveaway (read about it here) as soon as I reach 75 followers. My follower numbers are slowly increasing, but spread the word so we can get there more quickly! If you are a committed reader, but not yet following, sign up! If you’re already a follower, turn your friends on to my blog and ask them to follow. With any luck I’ll get this giveaway item out the door by Christmas time. I just know the winner will enjoy looking at this adorable cross-stitched snowman ornament (made by yours truly) on their tree!